11 September, 2010

Adi's Set theory

During my SIP, I had the misfortune (:P) of being one of just 8 - 10 people staying on campus. And the others being not - so - good friends I usually had meals with this one particular girl. Now when it comes to food, I can actually have anything that is edible. Worse being, I cannot decide what to order when a menu card is placed in front of me. So I go with whatever the others are having. On the other hand, this girl is very choosy/particular. To add to it, she is a vegetarian.

She always asked me to order and the indecisive Libran that I am, I forced her to choose and we usually ended up arguing - not over what we'd eat, but over who'd order. To solve this problem, I came up with my second theory (after this) which is Adi's Set Theory:

Suppose,
Set A: {1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 98, 99, 100}
Set B: {2, 5, 14, ..., 71, 92}

Now, how would you decide whether Set B is a subset of Set A? Obviously by checking the numbers in Set B, because Set A already consists of all the numbers that are there in Set B.

Since I was Set A and she was Set B, it was obvious that she should decide. Although she agreed with the theory, our fights over who'd order continued. Some things never change.

P.S. I sent Adi's Set Theory to her as an SMS. She first thought it was a forwarded message. It took her two readings to understand. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice theory!!! but still it is theory only with no applicability...

Anonymous said...

I think you should take Finance in 5th and 6th term...You will succeed in life :P

Adi said...

hahaha!! Shetty saale! You toh handled ANTS ka complete finance...you toh should teach Finance!!

Aparna said...

watta theory!!! great going adi ;) :)