07 January, 2008

I am back...

Yea, I know this is my first post. But, I did have a blog some couple of years ago, and had then stopped coz of lack of motivation and enthusiasm. Now when I wished to come back, I found that I had forgotten the password for my earlier blog! Though I can still view it if I type in the URL, as if I am some outsider longing to read someone else's blog! Well, that reminded me of an article that I had posted in my earlier blog about passwords. Here goes...

"Oh ! These passwords.....

Its been a long time since my last post. So long, that I even forgot my password. Well, thats a problem with passwords. If you don't use them for some time, the 'words' of the password 'pass' your minds.

Having the same password for all my email accounts and other subscriptions is not something that I do, so remembering which password is for which account is as difficult as solving a legal case in a quick time.

"Incorrect username or password" is the worst and the most offensive webpage on the internet. And most of the sites have those words written in red as if warning us that a crime as grievous as forgetting one's password will not be tolerated henceforth.

Can't they be a bit polite? "Hey dude/babe, we think you have made a mistake in your username and/or password. We would be glad if you could PLEASE correct it." This sounds so good !!! Hell ! But why would they care? Rude or polite, they know we are going to try again...

And what kind of a sentence is "Incorrect username OR password"? These websites put the load on our brains to find out whether our username is incorrect or our password. Can't they be a bit precise???

Anyways, I have logged into my blog now with my CORRECT username and password hoping never to see the most insulting page on the internet.

And as I conclude, Yahoo! Mail, where I am trying to sign in, has just reminded me that no matter how much I hate those rude words in red, they'll keep showing me that page & make a fool of myself...

Oh !!! These passwords..."

Well, why "adi-just like that"? Coz:
1) Didn't know what to name my blog. So, decided to name it, "Just like that"
2) "Just like that" was not available...so, adi-just like that!

Hope I am a bit more regular at this than I was 2 years ago...

No comments: