12 January, 2008

Look before you speak...

Well, literally.

1) I found myself in an awkward situation that day when I wanted to tell this friend of mine something that I didn't want anybody to hear. And, since we are always surrounded by people everywhere in the office, I presumed that an empty washroom would be the best place to send across the news. After telling him the 'news' inside the washroom, I kept on telling him not to tell that to anybody until it is officially declared.

10 minutes later: This friend of mine comes to my cubicle and says, "When you were telling me that stuff sometime back, Mr. ABC was there inside!" And, that ABC being a very senior person in the office, I was so terribly annoyed at my stupidity and having made a fool of myself in the presence of that person!


2) There was this meeting scheduled in the office sometime in the morning in the first week of January. But, it kept getting postponed coz some senior member (not the one mentioned in the earlier episode...so, lets name him Mr. XYZ) had yet not arrived. After several such "scheduled-for" times, it was finally confirmed that Mr. XYZ has arrived and the meeting would be held at 2:30 pm.

At around 2:15 pm, I met this team-mate of mine just outside the canteen where I asked her, "Kitni baar meeting postpone karta hai yeh? I hope abhi nahi karega..." And the very next second, I saw a person coming out of the canteen, who must have obviously heard me saying that. Needless to say, that person was Mr. XYZ.

Why do I always open my bloody mouth at the wrong time?

Well, I can laugh at it now...but yea, one should LOOK before before one speaks...

No comments: